Monday, October 1, 2012

Hasta Luego to My Island Life - Qué Tal MADRID?


Farewells to the branch members, final venture to an unforgettable beach town (S'Estraca), last bike rides up the bloody enormous hill, fitness HEAVEN ON EARTH+best spa treatement on this planet, final shopping for the fam and friends and farewells to this beautiful Spanish family I have come to love.





Yet, another scenic town that seems TOO good to be true. 

The kids caught 14 + Jellyfish in this beautiful water. And then we swam :)

                                


Juanjo, Marta, Alicia, and Martita. My beautiful Spanish family who's been so warm and welcoming to me this summer. I'll never forget you!

Whataweek.
how often can I say that?

A 430 awakening for a 630 flight to Madrid, metro + taxi cab to Madrid mission president's, President and Sister Jackson, and a day of being completely spoiled and soaking in the Utah-enriched home away from home.
Delicious lunch and dinner (and dessert of course)
Rides to and from the metro station to spend a couple hours downtown
Beds to nappy nap crash on
Beds to crash for the night on
RIDE TO THE AIRPORT IN THE MORNING AT 430


and a night of laughs and good doctor stories.
There ain't nothing like feeling blessed beyond measure and showers of warm fuzzies. Ghal. Where in the book of life do I get to start writing my chapter of selfless service and love??
Silly question.

In Madrid:

Hellooooo Chocolateria

Thinking that I almost left Spain without experiencing the famous "hot chocolate and churros" makes me question my sanity. K dramatic a tad, but one of those things I just would've regretted passing up (Ps, Ive invested in some stretchy pants to accomodate this new mindset of 'when in Rome'... no comment).
Hot chocolate? No. Well yes, exactly that actually. Thick, creamy, melted pure chocolate. With a plate of churros to dip on in there and slurp up some goodness.
And goodness it was.
Great combo of the two textures and flavors of salty and sweet...








No comments:

Post a Comment