Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Sunday's Thoughts

Tender mercy topper of the week:

So there's this light that is unmistakable in peoples' eyes and on their faces. I've been blessed to see this light within many of those whom surround my daily life and also to have an understanding of where this light comes from. When I see this light, I feel an overwhelming sense of happiness and determination to be a better person in hopes of emitting such a light myself. It's almost inexpressible at times to adequately describe the way this light affects me. In relation to my travels here, I think about missionary work for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and the power missionaries hold in simply their presence. What a testament, in itself, this presence of being can be to many. I've a re-committed desire to be an example of the believers each day of my life. I love this gospel! 

- My thoughts and scripture focus this week had been on this topic and having the Spirit's visible companionship when a lil glimmer of my Heavenly Father's love shown on down to me today at church. The smallest comment completely made my week and will never be forgotten. Spoken by our cute Relief Society president, "Here are my girls, now just seeing your bright faces is a testimony that my God lives!", and she shuffled on her cute way down the hall. I'm thinking God was mindful of my prayerful thoughts this week... :)
Also, I was our sacrament pianist today, goodness I love the piano. I loved every minute of our little branch singing along and then got a good chuckle out of our Nigerian Sunday School teacher, Monday's, chastising chat with me, "Now what you hide yo talent fo? You suppose to let yo talents be seen fo all, now you been here two months and we just now hear yo piano?". Bah love him and that accent of his, sure will miss our new style of Sunday School learning.

6 comments:

  1. Ashlie gave me your blog address. I've loved seeing your adventures & pictures. I am going to copy this post & pass it on to Hna Dalton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweetheart, what a beautiful testimony of the gospel from Spain. Made my day. I've been thinking of you a lot today.... and missing you. I'm SO happy that you're so happy. Keep us posted... and THANKS for the lovely text earlier this week. Made my day then, too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hna. Dalton enjoyed reading your post. She wondered if you have any missionary crushes, or vice a versa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post britt. Miss you. Especially on Sunday's at your parents or playing games with the moons. :(
    Yes, I am also curious of any missionary crushes, etc. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gram, Shauna, and Ash, I love hearing from each of you! Thanks for the sweet comments, miss you! Haha crushes? Nada. Should I have some, does Hermana Dalton know someone I don't here? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post britt!!! so good to hear your testimony!

    ReplyDelete