Monday, July 16, 2012

Un Beso


July 11th

The city of Valldemosa opened its doors to us today. I felt like I was driving through the countryside of Italy and then walking it's most hidden and best-kept secret streets.


My European models
Ross & Daniel






Our trip to Valldemosa was followed by Soller, a small port city with a tram running through. Our next visit to Soller will be via train and tram.

July 12

Back in Sa Rapitas for the weekend reminds me how I love this re-charging relaxation time for myself. I can wander off to my choice of sea nook or cranny to think. Today my thoughts are gratitude for the hospitality, generosity and love of so many I've met while here. Countless strangers have opened their hearts, homes, sofa beds, hotel pull-outs, mercedes convertables, rental cars, smiles etc these past 3 weeks. These experiences never would take place were it not for such generous hearts.

Friday, the 13th

Just another Friday the 13th in Sa Rapita, Mallorca. The boys, Scottish Ross, and Danish Daniel, Kacey, and Marissa & her family all came for the day. 

I took the crew to the rocky beach in hopes of some good snorkling and a few trixters off the diving board...




We ended up back at the pool for calmer water on such a windy day. 

Then headed over to Las Colonias for dinner and a walk along the coast. 

Story of the night- These girls ADORED our Spanish-speaking Ross (not to be blamed, he's a winner winner). These pictures speak a thousand words, but if only you could hear their endless giggles and see Martita's flirtacious body language. The giddyness continued to the next day, when we heard the 3 girls playing the part and waiting for their boyfriends to meet them, "Like beernee".



Saturday, July 14th

Relaxing day ended with friends and their 3 DARLING children (I haven't met a single youngster I haven't gone oodles over I suppose) coming over for dinner and the celebration of Sa Rapita. Im becoming more accustomed to the late nights and wasn't shocked this time when we started putting jackets and shoes on all these young kids at 1030 to head over to the street party. The carnival was great. I had my Spanish family & gals attached to my hip, our classic American pop plus a few Spanish favs I've come to recognize blasting down the streets, and the most surprisingly fun ride the 2 girls and I went on. We were smiling and laughing hysterically the entire ride! Yet another success of a week here in my tropical island paradise. 
- Oy, Gazpacho, how I LOVE this GAZPACHO. It'll without a doubt be in constant supply when I go home. Basically, cold soup and basically delicious.

Tomatos
Cucumber
Garlic
Onion
Green pepper
Salt
Couple slices of bread
Water
And our staple item - olive oil.

Puree it all and you have yourself the simplest bowl of happiness you'll ever find.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Britt, I'm ecstatic for you! How wonderful it all sounds. You're getting quite an education to go with what you already have. Enjoy! Love and miss you! Gram

    ReplyDelete